Parents’ Association Celebrates Teachers

Even the snowy weather couldn’t stop the community from celebrating teacher appreciation day last Friday. 

To give teachers and administrators a special thanks, the Parents Association ordered catering from Baker’s Best—a community favorite.

To enjoy the delicious food, volunteers transformed the Innovation Space into a festive environment.

“I’ve been doing this for about five years now,” said Paulette Adams P ’22. “This day is really about showing our appreciation to the teachers and being grateful for all they do for our kids.” 

Roslyn Pedlar P ’18 also assisted with organizing the event.

“We really like being able to show our appreciation and having teachers know how thankful we are for their dedication to our children, and to the School,” Pedlar said.

Parent Association Co-Chairs Susan Kirwan P ’25, ’27, Carla Leeder P ’15, ’20, and Mark MacLean P ’27, ’28, also helped to lead the initiative, including distributing gift cards to various stores for teachers to enjoy.

As a reminder, staff appreciation doesn’t have to be a once a year event. Last spring, students shared their appreciation for teachers in a GNN broadcast, featured below.

If you haven’t done so already, let your teachers know how much you appreciate them. It will make their day.

Also, check out a teacher appreciation video produced by The Gator last spring.