School Launches Redesigned Website

A+screenshot+of+the+Schools+new+online+destination.+

A screenshot of the School’s new online destination.

Camille Cherney, Co-Editor-in-Chief

To modernize its digital appearance, the School launched a redesigned website over the summer.

The project was spearheaded by Director of Marketing and Communications Sue Cuyler and Website Coordinator Lauren Abrams.

“Our website is often a family’s first impression of our school, and we felt that the old site was no longer capturing and conveying all the things that make Brimmer such a special school community,” said Cuyler. “It is a valuable opportunity to refresh messaging, update imagery, and rethink how a visitor wants and needs to navigate through a site. The old website had become visually outdated and content heavy, but sometimes less is more.”

• Director of Marketing and Communications Sue Cuyler.

• Associate Director of Marketing and Communications Nicky DeCesare.

• Website Coordinator Lauren Abrams.

Major changes include larger banner images, updated fonts, and a redesigned events calendar. The School also partnered with a search engine optimization firm to ensure that the content on each page was in the right format for sites like Google and Bing.

Abrams continues to edit and enhance the website daily, adding new features as needed. In addition, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications Nicky DeCesare, who handles the School’s social media accounts, continues to create opportunities for people to engage with the School online.

The School’s communications team is “thrilled with the results,” said Cuyler.

“I think that the interface is much easier to use and the additional images really showcase the student body and teachers well,” said Hannah Ahearn ’20.

English teacher Kenley Smith shares similar views.

“I think it’s much more intuitive for people who are not familiar with the school and it’s much more user-friendly for people who are already a part of the school community,” Smith said.