School Launches Virtual Revisit Days

History+teacher+Ted+Barker-Hook+engaging+with+his+students.+Photo+by+David+Barron.+

©David M. Barron/oxygengroup.com

History teacher Ted Barker-Hook engaging with his students. Photo by David Barron.

Karly Hamilton

Due to COVID-19 and mandatory closures by the State, this week, the School will not be able to hold traditional revisit days for accepted students.

Instead, while students and faculty prepare to begin remote learning, the Admissions Office will host an array of virtual experiences for accepted students and families, who wish to learn more about the community.

Most years, current students serve as hosts to visiting students, who attend classes for part of the day.

“While these virtual events cannot truly replicate the feeling of a campus visit, we look forward to ‘seeing’ our students and families in the coming days, welcoming them to the Brimmer community, and to helping them get all of their questions answered prior to making a decision by April 10,” said Director of Enrollment Brian Beale, who is spearheading the new effort. “We are thankful for the support of our colleagues, parent community, and current students for helping to make this series a reality and are excited to kick things off on Tuesday.”

The School will host various Zoom sessions from March 31 to April 7, covering signature diploma programs, the arts, athletics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion programming. Students, teachers, and administrators from each division are also slated to speak with accepted applicants.

According to Beale, virtual sessions are designed to provide information and answer questions that would traditionally be addressed during on-campus revisits. Meeting times are listed on the School’s website, which also includes a virtual walkthrough of the campus—including the new Hastings Center.

While COVID-19 has posed challenges to the Admissions Office, Beale is confident in the program that will launch this week and is “hopeful that students will continue to enroll in the School despite any concerns families may have at this juncture.”