Faculty Profile: Science Teacher, Coach Zoë Stublarec

Elisabeth Fitzgerald, Journalist

The Gator sat down with new science teacher and Varsity Girls Soccer coach, Zoë Stublarec, to learn more about her first few weeks at the School.

What classes do you teach?

I teach freshmen Biology, Junior Chemistry, and the Neuropsychology elective!

What is your favorite thing about the School?

My favorite thing about Brimmer is the students. You guys are not just good students, but you’re really great people. I genuinely enjoy waking up every day knowing my job is to work with you all to help you grow intellectually and as people.

How have you enjoyed coaching the Girls Varsity Soccer team?

I absolutely love working with the Girls Varsity Soccer team. Soccer has always been a huge part of me, and the opportunity to coach the Girls team has been such a blessing for me. Watching the girls get better every day—and have fun doing it—brings me so much joy. The girls on the team are also pretty funny and entertaining.

What was your experience as a new staff member during the COVID-19 pandemic?

My experience as a new staff member during COVID was a weird one. I had only been on campus one time, and I had only been to Boston maybe 3 times before starting this position. With that being said, I was definitely nervous, but the faculty of Brimmer could not have been more welcoming to me. Everyone was so friendly and so supportive of me as I started this new position.

What is some of the work that you have been doing at the School thus far?

A lot of the work I’ve been doing at Brimmer has been collaborating with Mr. Smith. We started this year with the goal of making our classes and our lab experiences as engaging and hands-on as possible. So far, I think we’ve been pretty successful.

What are some of your favorite pastimes outside of school?

Outside of school, I’ve been generally just exploring the city. It’s been a lot of fun to walk around, take the T to new places, and try restaurants around me! Boston is very different from where I grew up in Connecticut.