Guild Offers Thanks at Groundbreaking

By Noa Schabes ’17

The community-at-large, over 400 people, celebrated the ceremonial groundbreaking for construction of the new addition to the Chase Building Monday, with donors, administrators, and students posing for photographs in Brimmer construction hats.

This is a momentous day for Brimmer and May School as we celebrate the groundbreaking of this exciting new addition to the Chase building. It is humbling to stand here to mark the construction phase of this project because it represents a major commitment from our community and over 60 individual generous gifts and pledges. We started this Realizing the Vision campaign less than two years ago in the fall of 2014, and now because of an amazing community that believes in the mission of our School, we have raised $6.6 million from a total of $7.5 million needed for this addition. I am confident that we will raise the rest of what is needed during the construction. This addition represents the start of a new era for Brimmer and will result in the fulfillment of the strategic priorities for 2013 and beyond, providing space for new dining commons, new entryway, lobby, new classrooms, innovation space, makerspace, STEAM classrooms, offices and college counseling center. It will be used well by all of our students Pre-K through 12, and will allow us to keep innovation at the forefront of a Brimmer and  May education for generations of future students. – Head of School Judith Guild

Due to space limitations, the ceremony was held on the baseball field, rather than beside the Chase Building, where construction is expected to take place shortly. Earlier that morning, in an address to lower, middle and upper school students, Head of School Judith Guild hailed the construction as crucial a step in Brimmer’s “Realizing the Vision” campaign to encourage student innovation, creativity and collaboration.

https://vimeo.com/182701020/settings/embed

“Thanks to all of the support from trustees, alumni, parents and even students, we are here today with the end goal in sight, and we have full that we’ll raise the remaining money needed,” said Board of Trustees Chairman David Kreisler, who also heads the Campaign Steering Committee.