Gator Announces Its Youngest Editorial Board in History

Gator Staff
The new Gator editorial board. Back-row (L-R): Multimedia Manager Chloe Rose Scolnick ’25, Co-Managing Editor Edward Flint ’26, Editor in Chief Amelia Bowman ’25, Co-Managing Editor Mary Wang ’26. Front-row (L-R): News Editor Rachael Rosenberg ’27, Co-Sports Editor Gabe Cohen ’27, and Co-Sports Editor Tavio Mares-Van Praag.

The Gator just announced it’s 2024-25 Editorial Board, which will lead the award-winning publication over the next academic year.

As is tradition, the outgoing editorial board, consisting of continuing Editor-in-Chief Amelia Bowman ’25, Co-Editor-in-Chief Evan Michaeli ’24, Executive Editor Cathy Wu ’24, Managing Editor Edward Flint ’26, elected the new leadership.

“I am so proud of our new editorial board,” Michaeli said. “They have all shown incredible growth and skill, and I am excited to see the future of The Gator!”

• Editor-in-Chief Amelia Bowman ’25

• Co-Managing Editor Mary Wang ’26

• Co-Managing Editor Edard Flint ’25

• News Editor Rachael Rosenberg ’27

• Co-Sports Editor Tavio Mares-Van Praag ’27

• Co-Sports Editor Gabe Cohen ’26

• Multimedia Manager Chloe Rose Scolnick.

Advisor David Cutler is delighted with the incoming leadership, which recognizes the dedication and commitment of students across different grade levels. In fact, for the first time, The Gator will be comprised of student editors in grades 10, 11, and 12, not just juniors and seniors.

“The existing and incoming editors helped solidify an award-winning year, one of the most successful in newsroom history,” Cutler said. “That’s really saying something for such a young team of student reporters, whose skills will only grow next year and beyond.”

“I really want to elevate the level and enjoyment of sports writing in the newsroom,” Cohen said.

For his part, Mares-Van Praag wants to bring more attention to School sports.

“I want us to tell more interesting stories that exist, but just need to be told,” Mares-Van Praag said.

As the incoming News Editor, Rachael Rosenberg is honored to receive the promotion.

“I am really excited to develop the news section of The Gator, and one of my biggest goals is to up student engagement,” Rosenberg said, who is the youngest student to hold her position. “I really want to improve announcements on the site and have it be a main hub for information.”