• March 10The newsroom is closed for summer!

Artists For Humanity Lights Up the Solarium

Mckinlee DePaola
Lily pads in the solarium

This year’s Artists For Humanity (AFH) Team constructed lily pads to be hung in the solarium. This group of juniors and seniors worked for few weeks before the construction started, and this installment was added last week.

The seniors this year were Baden Howard, Zoe Hicks-Dutt, and Sydney Heff, and Oliver Baggett. They spent the last two weeks working at the AFH Headquarters in Boston, with the juniors taking a day to travel and work with them.

AFH Team Member Aniyah Lesse ’25 shares her remarks on the project,

“The whole art piece is really beautiful,” Lesse said. “The thing we created, I am so happy that people who decided to do it did it, and they are great. We came up with a great idea that represented Brimmer with maroon, blue, and green colors. I am really happy with the final product, and I very much enjoyed the process.”

The goal of this addition to the solarium was to add some pops of color and lighting, while also providing occasional shade during the warmer months. The team hopes that students and facility will visit this new installment before the year is over and to admire the hard work and skill that it took to make the lily pads, and hang them up.