School Announces Winterim 2019 Trips

https://vimeo.com/211679982

During Curriculum Night May 2, the School released next year’s list of Winterim Trips, which include travel opportunities to India, China, Croatia, England, Switzerland, France and Italy, the Dominican Republic, the American Southwest, and Florida.

Winterim trips take place every other year during March, and gives students the chance got travel abroad. By doing this, they learn and are fully immersed in different cultures.

Winterim Coordinator Kelly Neely is excited about the offerings.

“I am very excited about the trips this year. We have some new ones that we are offering, like India and Croatia, while some old favorites like China and England are returning. We’re really looking to make stronger connections between the trips and the diploma programs, as well as curricular activities that are happening in class, with even more opportunities for community service.”

Hannah Ahearn ’20 is hoping to visit India or Croatia, and Camille Cherney ’20 wants to travel to Croatia or China.

Dean of Students Paul Murray is particularly pleased with next year’s selections.

“It sounds like a great mix,” Murray said. “There seems to be a lot of exciting opportunities for our students next year.”