Homecoming Spirit Remains Strong

Adrian+Mathiesen+%2C26+Nolan+Suraci+26%2C+Chomp%2C+Oliver+Baggett+24%2C+and+Enyi+Adiele+enjoy+Homecoming.+
Ben Dykeman ’25
Adrian Mathiesen ‘,26 Nolan Suraci ’26, Chomp, Oliver Baggett ’24, and Enyi Adiele enjoy Homecoming.

Approximately 500 people attended Saturday’s annual Homecoming at Orr Field.

With soccer games, food, face-painting and other School spirit activities, students, faculty and alumni cheered on the varsity soccer teams, which competed against Rocky Hill School from Rhode Island. Despite the boys’ and girls’ teams losing, 1-5 and 1-3 respectively, school spirit shined bright.

“[Homecoming] was fun, and everyone was cheering for the teams and a lot of people were watching,” soccer play Lucas Williams ’24 said. “Some alumni even came.”

Director of Development Elizabeth Smith said that the School went all out to promote the event.

“This year, we advertised on social media and in the Brimmer Bulletin to tell our community that we were giving away Brimmer Athletics T-shirts—we had 350 of them,” Smith said. “We gave all of those t-shirts away.”

Director of Alumni Affairs and Special Events Amanda Eppers also enjoyed the event, and the lead up to it.

“We had Spirit Day on Friday, the day before Homecoming, and the teams also put some green and white color on their faces,” Eppers said. “On Saturday, student volunteers face-painted Lower School students. I also prepared pom-poms for all who joined.”

As this year’s Homecoming comes to a end, Smith is already thinking about next year’s event.

“It’s not really just about sports,” Smith said. “It’s also about getting our whole community together. We have such a small campus and this is a highlight of the fall for all of us.”