Stressed? Attend DeStress Fest!

Edan Zinn
Last year, students enjoyed the Stuff-A-Plush station.

The School is bringing back its second DeStress Fest on Monday, December 11, the first day of mid-term exam week.

A new tradition, DeStress Fest is aimed to alleviate student pressure during exams. The event includes making a Stuff-a-Plush animals, candy, coloring, and music.

In addition, resources will help students navigate how to handle stress during exam week, such as meditation and study methods.

Upper School Student Life Coordinator Tess Cicala is excited about continued the event.

“Last year, Ms. Rehm came up with the idea to help students cope with the pressures of exams during assessment week, which could be a challenging time for students. So, we wanted to continue to offer this hour at the beginning of the [assessment] for students to be able to unwind and relax,” Cicala said. “This is one of the most popular Brimmer Social Hour activities. I really hope it stays in tradition as it gets the community together.”

Editors’ note: Students can RSVP here to signed up for the DeStress Fest to secure a stuff-a-plush for the event.