Symposium to Focus on AI

Courtesy of Brimmer and May School

The 19th Annual Bissell Grogan Humanities Symposium, spotlighting the intersection of AI and humanity, kicks off Tuesday at 10:15 a.m. with a keynote address by Harvard’s Dr. Raja-Elie Abdulnour P ’29, a renowned physician and a leader in medical AI research.

Dr. Abdulnour’s address, “Beyond the Classroom: The Future of AI-Augmented Learning and Work,” will focus on how AI is reshaping medical practices and learning methodologies, emphasizing its broader implications for human health.

Distinguished for his work in inflammatory lung diseases and machine learning in diagnostics, Dr. Abdulnour has been lauded for his innovative contributions, earning a 2023 National Academy of Medicine’s Diagnostic Excellence Scholar award.

The symposium, an annual event, fosters dialogues about the intersection of the humanities and various fields.

After the keynote, attendees will participate in workshops exploring AI’s practical applications, in academic settings and various fields and professions. These sessions aim to deepen understanding of AI’s role in various life aspects.