BREAKING: Illness Cancels Opening Performances of ‘Big Fish’

Thursday night and Saturday matinee performances of the Upper School musical are cancelled.
The+official+program+cover.+
Maggie Clifford
The official program cover.

Due to illness in the cast, Thursday night and Saturday matinee performances of the Upper School musical Big Fish are cancelled.

However, as of now, Friday and Saturday night performances are still on.

Attendees with tickets for Thursday and Saturday’s shows can get a refund, exchange tickets, or donate the price.

To request a full refund, audience members can email their order number, name, and email address attached to the order, along with the amount of tickets to [email protected].

Tickets can also be exchanged for tickets to the two shows still scheduled.

“If you would like to exchange your seats for tickets to our Friday or Saturday show, please email the order number, your name, the email address used when making the order, the number of tickets purchased and the performance you would like to attend to [email protected] and we will do our best to seat you and your party,” Director Bill Jacob said. “You will receive an email confirmation for your new seats.”

Despite the postponements, Jacob said that the production team is “confident” they can find seats for all audience members affected.

Jacob encourages patrons to exchange their tickets early due to the increased demand. The production team cannot guarantee a seat for audience members who wait until the last moment.

“If you want to attend the Friday or Saturday Night performance, we recommend planning ahead. Tickets for the show may sell out, due to higher demand,” Jacob said.

As of now, there are no plans to make up the cancelled shows.

Editor’s Note: This story was updated at 2:28 p.m. on Thursday, February 29. If you have any questions, email  [email protected] or call the theater office at 617-278-2330.