VB Soccer Advances in League Playoffs

By Noa Schabes ’17
dscf3533
By Noa Schabes ’17.

In the first playoff match yesterday against Boston Trinity Academy, Varsity Boys Soccer also won 3-0. 

Varsity Boys Soccer finished the regular season strong in third place —  with a league record of eight wins, four losses, and zero ties. The squad also finished with 24 points, with an out-of-league record of 5-1.

“This team has built up a really big chemistry,” says Head Coach Chris Hardman. ”They pick each other up when they make mistakes, and they play as unit. That carries them and makes them a very good team.”

In fact, such chemistry has catapulted the Gators into the playoffs, with a good chance to win it all.

“This year, the team works more like a unit. We don’t want to score as much as we want to win the game,” says Captain Alex Dolan ’17.

This season, the team enjoyed two five-game winning streaks, the first stretching from Sept. 26 to Oct. 7, and the latter from Oct. 13 to Oct. 24.

The Gators have beaten every team in the Massachusetts Bay Independent League at least once. With continued work hard and perhaps a bit of good luck, hopefully, they can take the championship trophy back to Brimmer and May.

Monday, the Gators will play Gann in the semi-finals. Wish them luck!